Reverting Firmware to earlier version

Welcome...

Модератор: DanMc85

Ответить
Niksal12

Reverting Firmware to earlier version

Сообщение Niksal12 »

I updated a couple of modules in my 14 fusion hybrid to the latest calibration that was available in UCDS. Specifically the GPSM, PDM, DDM modules. When testing the door modules I no longer have the ability to raise the windows automatically with the door switches. I downloaded the firmwares that were originally on the modules and have them saved, however when I try to use the VBF loader to revert it cannot find the module because the part number changed. How do I go about reverting to the original firmware and calibration?
VIN# 3FA6P0RU5ER324358
Below are the files that I saved originally
DDM:
1 DG9T-14C067-AA
2 DG9T-14C064-AT
3 DG9T-14C637-AL

PDM
1 DG9T-14C108-AA
2 DG9T-14C108-AT
3 DG9T-14C639-AL

GPSM
1 DE8T-14F057-AA
2 DE8T-14F055-AD

peterpro

Re: Reverting Firmware to earlier version

Сообщение peterpro »

Niksal12 писал(а):I updated a couple of modules in my 14 fusion hybrid to the latest calibration that was available in UCDS. Specifically the GPSM, PDM, DDM modules. When testing the door modules I no longer have the ability to raise the windows automatically with the door switches.
Hi, do you have DTC in door modules?
If flashing gone ok, the door modules typically loose their configuration during programming, so you have to restore direct config data from a previous backup you did or via etis.
Then you must perform the relearn of windows memory to have the full auto Up/Down function working via switch....if iunderstood correctly!
Bye

Niksal12

Сообщение Niksal12 »

That is good to know, thank you. I did see where I can download direct configs from EITS. What do you mean by relearn window memory? Is that something that you do in UCDS?

If I end up having issues later, how do I go back to the original firmware? I put the files in to the VBF loader and it just says that it cannot find the hardware part number. I did see the option to force program and it asks for the hardware part number (F113). Is the F113 what I see when I poll the module? For example: DID="F113" Desc="ECU Delivery Assembly Number" Data="DG9T-14B531-CB"
Would I put DG9T-14B531-CB in the box to force program so that I can go back to the original firmware if I need to later?
Thanks.

peterpro

Сообщение peterpro »

Niksal12 писал(а):That is good to know, thank you. I did see where I can download direct configs from EITS. What do you mean by relearn window memory? Is that something that you do in UCDS?

If I end up having issues later, how do I go back to the original firmware? I put the files in to the VBF loader and it just says that it cannot find the hardware part number. I did see the option to force program and it asks for the hardware part number (F113). Is the F113 what I see when I poll the module? For example: DID="F113" Desc="ECU Delivery Assembly Number" Data="DG9T-14B531-CB"
Would I put DG9T-14B531-CB in the box to force program so that I can go back to the original firmware if I need to later?
Thanks.
If this is your personal car i think that you must read your user manual to see how to set the memory for auto open/close of your door windows!! maybe try to search with Google! (more faster then explain here :D )
If you want to rollback the software level of your modules it's correct to use VBF loader with the older files you have....you can either use Update Wizard, in the tab "IDS CALIBRATION LEVEL" you can click with the mouse and see that a scrolldown windows appear, then you can click a previous version of the sw level and click on it, if all goes green ....you can go inside the module programming and start from there, as you have done the first time.
BUT, before flashing and programming....you MUST be sure that the modules involved are responding, so try a poll all modules and see if they respond!
If there's a response do a DTC scan to see for errors and try to delete them (do not switch ignition off at the end of the scan as instructed but keep it on and click DELETE ALL, then switch ignition off) , then redo a DTC scan to see wich modules contain errors that must be fixed(not erasable)!!
If modules upgraded are not responding....they could be blocked, half-bricked, or totally bricked, :cry: , so you can try to use the "forced programming (only for dead modules)" voice, and yes the Hw part number could be the F113 in the poll modules.
Take care, that if the module is blocked or bricked (dead), you must detach power from the module (disconnecting cables that goes to it) or detach battery power for a few minutes.
You can prepare the PC and UCDS with all the data need for programming, then detach power....after reattaching power to module or reconnecting battery, you have 15 seconds to click on the "start programming" in UCDS!
If more then 15 seconds all the modules will boot and block again if dead :cry: :cry: (you will have to retry)
Naturally, i'm try to help you...i'm not involved with the team of UCDS....(i don't take and don't want money).., and so you do all this stuff at your own risk, and i'm not responsible in any way in the event of damages that my occur trying all or some of this tips
Notice that I've read that the support for Fusion hybrid is pretty limited in UCDS.
Be careful and give a feedback if you can!
Bye

Niksal12

Сообщение Niksal12 »

The modules were reachable without issues and I was able to use the drop down under "IDS Calibration" to bring the two door modules back to the original firmware. I then loaded asbuilt data from ETIS using the direct config tool.

I really appreciate your help and explanations, using this can be a little scary with how easily you can brick your car with a wrong move.
Thanks.

peterpro

Сообщение peterpro »

Niksal12 писал(а):The modules were reachable without issues and I was able to use the drop down under "IDS Calibration" to bring the two door modules back to the original firmware. I then loaded asbuilt data from ETIS using the direct config tool.

I really appreciate your help and explanations, using this can be a little scary with how easily you can brick your car with a wrong move.
Thanks.
You are welcome! Happy to help :D
P.S: it's always easy, or maybe there's a change that something can go wrong with updating firmware on modern devices....this can involve your phone, your pc, your car, printer, watch....all the stuff that can be upgraded!!
With a bit of know-how and with the awareness of knowing what you are doing, most of the time you will be ok.....but the risk is always present :roll:

Have a nice day!

Ответить