Verify Software Compatibility Prior to Flashing

Welcome...

Модератор: DanMc85

Ответить
dagger969

Verify Software Compatibility Prior to Flashing

Сообщение dagger969 »

Are there any tools to help verify that an update is compatible before I push it? There are so many posts about breaking modules, missing calibration files, etc. It would help everyone if there are some tips on how to research these things for ourselves.

Are there any modules that I should be more careful with? If they all continue to communicate when an update fails, then it isn't a big deal. A lot of people on here have access to IDS. I do not. Thats not an option for me if I break something.

I updated the BCM on my car and it stopped functioning. I was able to fix it by going back to the old files. I could still communicate with the BCM, so it wasn't a big deal.

2015 US Fusion Hybrid

sev611

Re: Verify Software Compatibility Prior to Flashing

Сообщение sev611 »

I think that people sees tat there a update .wich have higher letter than their in the car just jump 3-4 letters up in one programing I think that if we took it one at a time there will be lees problems there are a drop down menu where it is possible to select wich file to update . No one know what they have altering in the updates .It could be that there are some thing changed in some of the files if we go from ex. ******-*d to *****'-*j that is nessesary for the next update to Work
the problem wil come if there some thing changed in some of the file in between
Iam one of the Lucky ones that have ids and etis ids and fdrs access and original vcm 1-2 and access to a vcmm
and have rescued a few modules that have been out of reach with ucds and other tools but with fdrs i could reprogram them to be seen Again

rgds sev

dragunov

Сообщение dragunov »

So it's very dangerous to update modules by UCDS.
Ford Focus II Trend++ 1600 TDCi 109HP+; Aquarius Blue; Year built: April 2005; RIP: June 2016;

Ford Mondeo V Titanium 2.0TDCi 150HP+; Panther Black; First Edition Pack; Year built: February 2015;

sev611

Сообщение sev611 »

i dont think that it is dangereus to do so if you just dont take the large step 4-5 level at once but try to do it in more tempi then it should be more safe but there are possible some who knows tht could tell if i am on the rigth way
rgds sev

dagger969

Сообщение dagger969 »

dragunov писал(а):So it's very dangerous to update modules by UCDS.
I agree. I just wanted to ask if there were any tips. People in this forum have done some very clever things. I don’t have the experience or knowledge to try them myself.

dragunov

Сообщение dragunov »

I recommend not to update every module u see, but to wait and verify if the update is correct
Ford Focus II Trend++ 1600 TDCi 109HP+; Aquarius Blue; Year built: April 2005; RIP: June 2016;

Ford Mondeo V Titanium 2.0TDCi 150HP+; Panther Black; First Edition Pack; Year built: February 2015;

dagger969

Сообщение dagger969 »

dragunov писал(а):I recommend not to update every module u see, but to wait and verify if the update is correct
That is my question. I don’t know how to verify that an update is correct. I also don’t want to post on the forum every time I have a question.

I hope this isn’t a dumb question. Are there any modules that completely stop responding when incompatible firmware is sent to them? If I can always try to send again after a failure, then it isn’t a big deal. This is what happened with my BCM. Until I learn more, I’m avoiding things that seem critical like ABS.

dragunov

Сообщение dragunov »

Every module can stop responding

Ответить