Description of diagnostic adapter. Appearance. Warning and control buttons.
Diagnostic adapter from the hardware-software Universal Can Diagnostic system (UCDS) is manufactured on a standard printed circuit board with the use of modern high-speed electronic components. It`s manufactured in Russia, Saint-Petersburg. PCB with the necessary controls and indicator lights is built into the standard plastic mini-box (photos 1-5) with USB-connector for connection to a PC with pre-installed drivers and software and OBD II connector for connection to the car diagnostic interface. Inspection lights allow you to visually determine the current state of the power supply, a process that takes place in real time (read/write data), depending on the mode of operation of the adapter. External controls on the adapter are made in the form of push-buttons that serve solely for the adapter mode without connecting to a PC. The adapter has built-in capability to update its internal software (firmware). For the latest version, please contact the developers.
Software. Main features.
UCDS allows the user to:
– Diagnose the majority of car parts and components that are connected to a central electrical module (GEM, BCMii) through the data bus (CAN);
– Receive data embedded in the car components and modules, including their part number, version, calibration, serial number;
– Make the necessary changes to the central configuration of the car, and change the configuration of the modules and components if necessary;
– Update the calibration (firmware) of the modules and components of the vehicle, including the engine (the so-called chip tuning);
– Perform regular language adaptation of the audio modules manufactured by SONY (Russian language only);
– Upgrade (replacement) of the door modules software to activate the automatic folding door mirrors.
The UCDS consists of drivers of the serial bus USB-serial (recommended drivers FTDI), hardware adapter and the actual UCDS-programm.
The software interface of the UCDS interface has main window’s mode. You need to select the type of the vehicle or select the service mode for adapter`s firmware update or other service functions.
UCDS currently works with the following platforms: Focus II 2004-2011; Focus III 2011, 2015 ;FOCUS MK4; Kuga I, Kuga II; C-MAX; S-MAX; MONDEO IV; Mondeo 2015 ; Galaxy ; Tansit; Fiesta 2008, 20015 etc..